Have you done anything to reduce waste and GO GREEN ? I will be sharing 13 ways you can go green and reduce waste with you today.
1.Farmers markets are a great way to buy fresh, local produce without plastics, just remember to bring your own plastic or container.
2.Make your own juice by squeezing the fruits instead of buying juice in a plastic bottle , its healthier, better for the environment and preservatives free.
3. Save the trees by reusing scrap paper . You can print two sides or let your kids color on the back side of used paper.
4. Use cold water to wash your clothes as much as possible, because 85% of the energy used to machine wash clothes goes to heating.
5. Use matches instead of disposable plastic lighters or invest in a refillable lighter.
6. Use beeswax wraps instead of plastic wraps because they can also keep you food fresh.
7. Think of new uses for old items instead of tossing them out and buying new ones.
8. Buy more fruit and learn to can them so that they last longer for months to come this will help reduce waste.
9. When using a razor try buying one you can detach and attached refills instead of buying a new full razor blade every time to reduce waste.
10. Use natural cleaning cloths and scrubbers instead of plastic scrubbers and synthetic sponges.
11. Don’t throw your absolute technology and toys into the trash can, call your local electronics store to see whether they provide recycling.
12. If you cant eat something in time and you notice it starting to look tired , freeze it instead of throwing it in the trash to reduce waste.
13. Instead of using a lot od plastic bags to throw out your garbage, reduce the amount of garbage you produce by composting.