The past week has been eventful. Been contemplating posting this post but well need to normalize such topics. My daughter is transitioning into womanhood and I created the First Period Care Pack for my daughter to cheer her up.
My 11 years old daughter started her period. I thought I was so prepared for this we had the talk more than I care to remember but BOOM.
I came from work, and she told me, I felt guilty because I was at work and not here for her when it happened.
She started asking lots of questions about periods which I tried to the best of my abilities.
These are some questions she asked me ;
Why am I am so hungry?
Why does my skin break out?
How long will the period lasts?
Do I have to wear a pad to school?
What if I mess myself while in school?
I created the first period care pack for my daughter and included all her favorite things and more.
Here are the thinks I included in her care pack;
- Chamomile tea to help with the cramps.
- Chocolate because they life your mood.
- Oreos she’s obsessed with them.
- Pads from Comfitex for protection.
- Femme Pantyliners.
- Lil-lets Feminine wipes infused with aloe for everyday freshness.
- Various exfoliating and purifying face masks.
- Hand lotion to continue
- Pampering herself.
- Pain pills for when the cramps became unbearable.
- Lip balm because you can never have enough lip care right.
- Hand Sanitiser to cleanse and protect.
- Perfume spray because a girl’s got to feel amazing.
- Cute cosmetic bag for her to keep her pads she is at school.
I used a plastic container so that I could keep replenishing it instead of using a box one.
Just like that my baby girl is all grown up. I know that some girls start as young as 9 years old but I hoped I still had more years.